Monday, February 20, 2012

THE TAO TE CHING - VERSE 6

“The spirit that never dies is called the mysterious feminine.  Although she becomes the whole universe, her immaculate purity is never lost.  Although she assumes countless forms, her true identity remains intact.  The gateway to the mysterious female is called the root of creation.  Listen to her voice, hear it echo through creation.  Without fail, she reveals her presence.  Without fail, she brings us to our own perfection.  Although it is invisible, it endures; it will never end.”
            This sixth verse for me is a reminder of the Divine Feminine which flows through all of us.  Through Her we are always “birthing,” whether we are conscious of it or not.  I’ve been sick the past few days with a cold, so I’ve been creating all kinds of yucky things in my body to try to kill the virus that has invaded me.  The yuckiness is working.  But beyond the snot in my nose, the Divine Feminine in partnership with me is always creating this uniqueness known as Sarah’s body.  Every second of every day new cells split and multiply and die off.  According to science, we create a new body every 7 years.  It is the Divine Feminine spoken in the Tao that allows us to co-create these new bodies.   And beyond the physical this Divine Spirit within is in constant creative mode.  And in the many, many years I have been alive I have created, with Her help, a uniqueness known as Sarah. 
            So just what is this uniqueness She and I have created?  Well, off the top of my head I would say Sarah is a free spirit, an outside-the-box thinker, an adventurer, a lover, and a giver (sounds like the beginning of a great song doesn’t it).  But what do all those characteristics really mean?  Up until a few years ago, before my husband died, I’d have said I was trying to create a unique me who others would look at and think, “Wow, she’s got her shit together.”  But when someone dies too soon it reminds us that life as we know it here in this body, on this earth, is short and if we spend all our time trying to look like we have “our shit together” as defined by someone else, we miss the best part of who we are and why we’re here.  That’s why for me, Gary’s death was a wakeup call, reminding me to reach beyond what I thought others would call “shit together” and create my own definition.  So I went in search of the real me, the unique girl/woman named Sarah Elizabeth Doyle, who was more than that tiny baby born the youngest of seven children to a couple named Louise and Jim Doyle in a small town in southern Indiana. 
            Now, 6.5 years after Gary’s death, the “real me” is what you see...most of the time.  Oh my ego still tries to get in my way by criticizing me for not being what she thinks I should be or what she thinks society wants me to be. Yet luckily the “true” me has grown stronger than my judgmental ego and is more often than not the co-creation you see projecting out into the world.  How do I stay true to the genuine article?  By forgiving myself every day for being human.  By meditating every morning to touch the Source who inspires my very being.  By reading spiritual books and hanging out with spiritual people who remind me to look beyond the illusions to what is important in this world.  By setting reminders throughout the day to come back into the moment so I can reach through the silence, beyond my emotions and thoughts, and touch the Spirit of Truth. 
            This Divine Feminine that Lao Tzu called the Tao allows me to be in touch with the uniqueness called Sarah.  It is through this Divine Feminine that I can daydream, imagine, create and be whoever my heart and soul want me to be.  She is the creative arm of Source, or God, or whatever you want to call the wholeness of creation.  She is the Divine Mother of all and I am forever grateful that She is the spirit inside of me.  For in each moment I can go inside and I will Her there “without fail.”
            So as Wayne Dyer says, “Do the Tao now.”  As I live each moment with fullness I tap into this Divine Feminine energy and co-create this uniqueness called me.  And I love who me is becoming.  Ain’t life grand!


References:

Mitchell, Stephen (2009-10-13). Tao Te Ching. Harper Collins, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

The Laozi (2009-10-04). The Tao Teh King, or the Tao and its Characteristics. Public Domain Books. Kindle Edition.

Mitchell, Stephen; Katie, Byron (2007-02-06). A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are. Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Dyer, Wayne Dr. 1 Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life, Audio Version, (Disc 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment