Sunday, October 17, 2010

Law of Circulation

Packing, packing.........and more packing. That is my mantra these days as I am 6 days away from moving all my belongings to another place. My home is inundated with boxes. And in all honesty, although I packed these boxes, I couldn't tell you what is in most of them. Oh, I've marked them with the designation of what room they go in and a basic gist of what's inside them, but down to the detail I have no idea. And except for a few items I use on a regular basis, I haven't needed what is inside them for weeks now either. What does that tell me?

It reminds me of one of my basic beliefs in life.....the "Law of Circulation." Everything in the universe is made up of energy of one form or another and we have a certain amount of energy that supports us at all times, like the energy of our bodies, the energy of money, the energy of our emotions, the energy of "things." The more we hold on to this energy the less energy we attract to us that is new, alive and refreshing. That is why I believe it is so important to release energy that is no longer serving us well or that is just collecting dust.......we must constantly be cleaning house in order to make way for the new. I find this law is very true with money. If I release money by tithing it or donating it, or giving gifts to family and friends I am always amazed at how I receive money back twofold. When I'm paying a bill or sending out money I have a ritual that serves me well. I visualize the money as energy and that what I pay out becomes someone else's salary which in turn pays their bills, which becomes someone else's salary and so on.........and sooner or later it returns as my salary or my dividend and the cycle repeats. Then I remember that money is a gift from God and on all my checks I write TYGFIAP which is my acronym for "Thank You God For I Am Prosperous." The same concept holds true with love as well. The more love I give out to others, the more love I receive and again I thank God for what I give and what I receive. Peace is another one. The more peace I create for others the more it comes back to me. In Unity teachings we recite a prayer as we tithe that is appropriate for all energy that we use in our lives. It goes: "Divine Love, through me, blesses and multiplies all that I am, all that I have, all that I give and all that I receive." This is the "Law of Circulation," releasing energy to allow new energy to arrive and thanking God for the generous energy we constantly receive.

So back to the packing. Now that I've noticed how little I use of the "stuff" in these boxes, I plan to be more cognizant, both now as I continue to pack and as I unpack at the other end, to see what may be more useful in the hands of someone else. Look out Goodwill, St. Vincent Depaw, ARC and who knows who else.......cause here comes some released energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment