Monday, January 3, 2011

BALANCE

With each passing year I come to understand that balance of Mind, Body and Spirit is my key to peace and happiness.

Let's review how I maintained my balance in 2010. For my mind I read many books. Books that taught me the concepts of quantum physics. Books that honed my writing craft, and books just for fun. For my body I continued my regimen of swimming a mile several times a week, riding my bike when possible and working out at Curves regularly. For my Spirit I continued my attendance at Unity and Science of Mind churches, enjoying the fellowship and the teachings. I read a daily meditation book by Ernest Holmes and enjoyed numerous spiritual books that assisted me on my journey to enlightenment.

So what does 2011 have in store for me? Balance. Balance of mind, body and spirit. How? For my mind I shall stimulate the cells and cultivate wisdom by reading books that combine an exploration of science and spirit. For my body I will nourished it with healthy vegetables and fruits grown here in my new home state. I will continue to swim on a regular basis and ride my bicycle everywhere here on the island, while I look with anticipation to weekly yoga and tai chi classes. I hope to throw in the possession of a kayak so I can strengthen my soul with paddles around the waterways of my new home. My spirit will continue to be nourished by my current Unity community and meeting new like-minded friends. I am exploring the possibility of attending a week long spiritual retreat swimming with wild dolphins in the Bahamas as I research other retreats that include my love of travel.

Balance. This is my word for 2011. For balance provides the perfect energy for experiencing a deeper connection to Source's love. Therefore as the New Year begins, I travel forth into this exciting year with balance.

Happy New Year to everyone and may you too work towards Balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment