Friday, July 23, 2010

WHAT A FEAST!

    I'm excited. Tonight I'm traveling to see my family. Yeah! I love my family and there are hordes of them to love. We come in every shape, size, color and demeanor. But the one thing we all have in common is that we love each other very much. Oh that doesn't mean we always like each other. We've had squabbles and fights and hurt feelings as the years have gone by....but we always come back for more. I believe it is because of the underlying love we have for each other. I thank my parents for having this great family for it was their foundation of love that keeps us coming back. I remember once when I was very angry at one of my siblings my mother said, "You don't have to like what they did but you do have to love them because they are family." I truly heard what she said and have lived by those words ever since. The good news today is that I've learned to also like them all for exactly who they are. For each member is wonderfully unique and brings to this world something special. So this weekend I get to continue to learn what specialness my family members bring to the banquet. Thank you God for plopping me right into the middle of this colorful banquet table. What a feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment