Monday, July 5, 2010

Fifth of July

    Fourth of July weekend and three days of rain. The irony of it all for I have a 3 days weekend and nowhere to go. Here I am in eastern Kansas thinking that this was going to be a hot weekend with swimming, playing golf, maybe even hiking in between watching the parade and going to the festival. I made it to the parade but other than that and going out to eat with friends all I've done is spend the weekend in my motel room. Now as a writer that should be thrilling because I had more than enough time to write. But here it is Monday and I'm just now getting to my blog. Do you think my motivation's in the tube? On a more pleasant note my job is going wonderfully. I love working with the soldiers and I enjoy the diversity in all that I do. My day ranges from providing a briefing on our program to various groups around the post, to seeing clients, to facilitating presentations, to greeting planes returning from overseas, to hanging out at the USO and talking to whoever is there. There is never a dull moment, except on the weekend. But the thing I love the most about this job is that it is short term. I'm here for 30 days then off for 2.5 weeks then head to El Paso, TX for 45 days, then I'm off for the rest of the year while I move to Florida. I'm looking forward to finding out where I'll be assigned in January and hope it is somewhere with a moderate climate. All in all, I am an incredibly blessed person for God is providing me with a job I love that also allows me to move to a warmer client. Thank you Creator for providing me my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment