Sunday, June 27, 2010

SERVICE

    I am pleasantly exhausted. It has been an awesome week with lots of new learning opportunities. I have been blessed to be a witness to the reunion of some of our soldiers with their families after serving away from their homes for a year. For me it has been a growing experience and an affirmation of my beliefs. For although I am a pacifist at heart I do appreciate those people who are dedicated to keeping our homeland safe. They sacrifice so much for our country. It is never more evident than when I see a small child wrap their arms around a parent they have not touch for many months. The love and excitement at being with the person they love sends chills up my spine and reminds me of how many people in our country give so much of themselves for their beliefs. Not much more to say than that. I thank every person who gives of their time, talents and treasures to serve others in a selfless way and I ask God to keep them all safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment