Monday, June 14, 2010

FREE FALLING

    Tomorrow I start a new adventure. I will fly to another state and work at a military installation as a family counselor for 30 days. I will not be writing about the details of the experience in this blog because of its confidential nature, but I will write about my feelings as I live and work away from home. To start with, I want to describe how I'm feeling right now as I step forward into this new life. It is as if I am free falling in the vast blue sky, floating and descending without a parachute. Tomorrow when I leave, I will have nothing to ground me in my new location, no familiar job, no friends, no home, no pets, not even my own car. It's as if I am stepping onto an airliner and jumping from 30,000 feet into a new life. I was guided by Source in this new direction, yet I feel nervous and excitement wrapped together in one delicious sensation. There is also a deja vu component mixed in because I've been here before, sort of, when I started my new job in Kazakhstan. But with that adventure I had a husband at home to ground the experience. Now, because I live alone, my dog has been adopted out and my cats are being nurtured by their new mom, I truly am unfettered. Like the fuzzy remains of a dandelion I am blowing with the breeze and landing wherever the wind takes me. Don't get me wrong, I relish this experience. If I didn't I would change the future right now by calling off the new job, remaining at home and living my life exactly as I have for the last few years. But I won't, because being a nomad is in my DNA. It is who I am and what I do. By next week I will have settled in to this flexible, adventurous life, thanking God for my big family and wonderful friends, for I'm counting on them to be my parachute. Happy Sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment