Sunday, June 20, 2010

CENTERING MYSELF IN GOD

    Change can be a wonderful thing. But no matter how wonderful it is, it can also be exhausting. That's the word for me today. Exhausted. In a good way, mind you, but still exhausted. On Tuesday I travelled to my new job and on Wednesday I hit the ground running. The people here are kind, caring and fun. But there is a lot of change and a lot of work and as a professional I'm expected to learn everything on the job. So the baptism by fire has begun. The overachiever in me kicked in immediately and I kept my eyes and ears open to what is expected of me and gave 110%. Then I realized if I keep up that pace for 30 days I will run out of gas around day 12. So I'm slowing down a little today and allowing myself to just chill out. For tomorrow morning before dawn I am out the door stepping into a new situation, that though heartfelt and exciting, will no less be very emotional and very demanding. I wish I could go into all the details for you but I can't. All I can give you are my feelings. That being said, this week I have felt worried, excited, exhausted, happy, intrigued, sad, scared, joyful, relaxed, stressed and full of anticipation. What a wonderful roller coaster ride. I hope it will continue over the next 27 days. And best of all, the one thing that keeps me sane and keeps me going, is that every morning, no matter how early or what is on my mind, I take time to meditate and center myself in my Creator. For it is my God, source of all that is, who energizes me, calms me and reminds me that all is well. As long as I remember this one tiny step each day, I know I am always safe and that I am living life to the fullest. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment