Saturday, November 27, 2010

THE SEA

I am working on one of my childrens' novels and would like to stay in that mindset for the next few days. So below is the Prologue to my current project, Indigo. Hope you enjoy!

INDIGO

The Sea A+

by Indigo Bartoli


Like a mother’s beating heart

Inhale

In the timelessness of the womb

Exhale

She is present from the beginning

Inhale

Soothing me in my sadness

Exhale

And exalting me in my bliss

Inhale

With a dominion I often snub

Exhale

For like hot bread from the oven

Inhale

That ignites olfactory glands

Exhale

She overwhelms my very essence

Inhale

And with fierceness to topple nations

Exhale

And melodies to capture fools

Inhale

She protects and destroys in one

Exhale

Prisoner to her passions

Inhale

And slave to her magnificence

Exhale


Forever bound have I become

Inhale


No comments:

Post a Comment