Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SNOW IS YOUR FRIEND

This came across my weather update this morning for Denver and most of Colorado: "A major midweek winter storm is taking shape for the Rockies and the Wasatch Range later today and Wednesday, with many ski resorts and the greater Salt Lake City and Denver areas seeing the season`s first significant accumulation. Up to 8 inches of accumulation is possible."

As many of you know, I am not a winter baby, so this news does not place me on cloud nine, especially since they are working on the driveways in my complex. You see my car is parked on the street because I can't get into my garage. Nothing thrills me more (actually let's replace thrills with chills) than having to clean the snow off my car as the wind howls through my coat. But I am a believer in making the best out of any situation, so I'm going to use this news as an inspiration for writing a poem about my friend the snow.

Snow: How do I love thee let me count the ways.

    Tho' prefer you from afar, like a distant exploding star,

    In your presence I'll delight, as I give up the fight

    When you tickle my nose, and slosh 'neath my toes,

    And flake in my hair, and dance everywhere.

    So let the city shut down, and create stillness all around,

    For the tundra of your cover, chills me like no other,

    And I'll sit here by the fire, weighted down in fleece attire,

    'Cause it's hopeless to pitch a fit, and you're beautiful I must admit,

    Plus tomorrow's another day, and by the weekend you'll melt away.

    But in truth I have to say, that if Frosty's here to stay,

    I rejoice in each day, for in three weeks I go away


 

Stay warm, enjoy what life brings you and remember: Snow is your friend.

    

    

    

1 comment: