Thursday, October 29, 2009

YIPPEE FOR CONTRAST

    As a continuation of my discussion on contrast, this Colorado snowstorm is definitely a contrast for me. Not wanting to get out in this pretty, yet yucky weather, I tried to cancel my appointments yesterday but ended up going to the office for one client. So I donned my waterproof pants and coat and stomped out to clean 6 inches of snow off my car. Thank the heavens above for heated seats and mirrors. Then I slushed my way to work (with a side trip through Starbucks' drive-thru for a venti decaf latte, one of the finer perks of the cold weather). After my appointment I slushed home and parked my car back on the street (remember I can't get into my garage). Now this morning I may have to repeat this process unless, as I'm hoping, they close the office (they're predicting another 5-10 inches by tonight). Of course the downside to my impromptu day off is that I'm a contractor so I don't get paid if I don't work. But I prefer no money to going out in this snow.

    So what does this have to do with contrast? Well, this October snowstorm has shown me the contrast between what I don't want and what I do want. The drive to work this afternoon was my contrast as I realized enough is enough. I came to this land of 300 days of sunshine and numerous blizzards a year, because my husband was from here and he loved winter. But he's gone now, so why am I still here? The answer is because I haven't trusted in my higher power like I profess to believe. If I focus on the outcome, I'll find the answers on how to get what I want. And what do I want? I want warm weather. So somehow, someway, in the not too distant future, I'm going to morph back into a summer baby and move south again. In four weeks I will pull into Ft. Myers Beach, Florida for my three month snowbird stint. When I do I will start looking for the ways and means to make that part of the world my home and turn Colorado into my part-time spring and summer paradise. I have to trust that the answers will come.

    So I rejoice in the contrast of today's snow, for it reminds me of what I don't want and helps me focus on what I do want. If I want to live in the warm, then it's up to me to get there. Yippee for contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment