Monday, January 11, 2010

UPSIDE DOWN

    I realized today I'm not being very faithful to my self-imposed blog deadlines. Hope you don't mind but I have too much crammed into my little brain. Like buying a place to live down here. I looked at several more houses over the last few days and am blurry eyed. I did find a small house today that I will probably place an offer on. The house is dated (much like the woman I met this morning) but is livable while I fix it up and has a nice backyard. I daydreamed of putting a pool in it someday. Who knows! It has been owned by the 89 year old woman I met this morning and her deceased husband since it was built in the 1970's. She spends 4 months down here and the rest in Maryland. She's going back there at the end of March and doesn't plan to return next year. Sad for her, good for me. I'm going the other direction. I'm moving to an area where I intend to live until I die (unless global warming drowns me as the house is about a mile from the Gulf). I'm paying more than I originally planned to pay, but I have a great opportunity to live within walking distance of two beautiful beaches. I realized that because I love being out in nature, walking the beach and riding my bike to shopping, this is the perfect neighborhood. With the prices in the tubes it is currently in my price range. Everyone is predicting it will soon go back up. Hope so. I can see myself living in this house, and overtime I'll update the flooring, buy some Florida style furniture and update the kitchen, but for now it is livable. I probably won't live in it until I return in the fall as the old woman wants to stay there until she goes north at the end of March. So I'll continue to rent the place I'm in until the first of April as I have decided to definitely stay one month longer than originally planned. Then maybe I'll come back in the summer for a short visit to get new flooring put in. If anyone reading this wants a place to stay not far from the beach and help put in flooring let me know. This is Exciting! This is Exhausting! Tomorrow I'm heading back to Denver to work for a few days so that I can afford to buy a place down here. Silly me I'm upside down as I'm supposed to work in the place where I'm buying my house. Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment