Monday, March 15, 2010

DOING SOMETHING

    Sometimes when my life is progressing in a positive manner and all is well, I get this urge to "do something." I'm not quite sure why but it is a very strong urge right now. Eckhart Tolle would call it my pain body wanting to feel bad. Jungian psychologists might say it is my ego wanting to make sure it still has an identity. Whatever it is I have to guard against it, for looking back over my life I find that all my calamities have been when life was fairly even and positive and I longed for something exciting to happen so I "did something." The hardest part of being in the moment is allowing what is to be and not trying to make it into something else. Most often being in the moment means nothing big is going on. Most often being in the moment means finding the joy in a tiny flower or in watching your cat at the window or in eating a banana or watching the sandpipers run away from the waves. Being out of the moment is when I get my urge to "do something." Today I think I'll take a walk instead of "doing something."

No comments:

Post a Comment