Friday, March 26, 2010

LIVING MY PASSION

    The other night I dreamt that I was at a celebration with my whole family and we were toasting my new book. It was a grand dream, one that I am certain will come true. It is just a matter of time. I don't usually remember my dreams, and often when I do they are cryptic and bizarre. But when I awoke from this one I remembered every detail clearly and I had no trouble understanding the message behind it. My subconscious mind was reaffirming my belief in my passion. For I know that someday (hopefully in the not too distant future) my career will evolve to one of writing full time. And as a good friend said in his blog recently, I am living my passion. I've searched for many, many years (more than I wish to mention) to find what really "turns me on" and now that I am experiencing it I know that it is what I am meant to do.

    The other day I heard a talk about Dr. Robert Schuller, the pastor of the Crystal Cathedral in California, who said he has an affirmation he lives by daily. It is I AM, I CAN, I WILL, I BELIEVE. So with my mantra in hand on this rainy Friday morning in Southern Florida, I write, write and write some more. That's all I'm being asked to do. Live my passion. I encourage you to do the same. What is your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment