Thursday, March 4, 2010

LIZZIE MY CRITIC

        Lizzie has been working overtime today. Every piece of clothing I put on felt tight and so my wonderful critic, Lizzie, could not stop telling me how fat I'm getting and that I'm eating bad food and not exercising like I should and on and on and on. Sometimes she is just downright exhausting. I often wonder where she came from. I can't guarantee it because I don't have any memory from back then, but I'm pretty sure that Lizzie wasn't in my head when I was born. But somewhere in the early years of my life she started developing in my head. Her voice was probably quiet at first, just little whispers like "Don't laugh too loud, you shouldn't eat that piece of cake, be a good little girl," and then as the thoughts expanded, Lizzie expanded. Some days she's louder than others and some days I can control her better than others. Today was one of the more difficult days. But since I've come to the conclusion that she will always be with me, I accept the roller coaster ride of our relationship. Hopefully when I wake tomorrow morning she'll have had a good night sleep and not be so grumpy. If not, I'll have to take control and put her muzzle back on. Goodnight Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment