Friday, March 12, 2010

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

    I want to be a published writer. I decided a few years back when the inspiration for my first children's novel, Kiva and the Stone Nation came to me that writing is my passion. My vision for myself is to write full time and publish lots of novels so I can live wherever I want and travel whenever I want. Great dream and one I know I will manifest. I just don't know when. That's where my impatience comes in. In this world of instant gratification: money magically appearing from machines, books and movies downloading from the internet, and Seven Elevens and Starbucks on every other street corner, sometimes I forget that anything worth having is worth working towards and waiting for. So if I focus too much on what I want out in the future I miss the moments I'm having right now, like walking the beach every morning, spending quality time visiting with all my family and friends, tasting the sweetness of a ripe strawberry and so on. Therefore as I head towards my future as the successful published author I know I am to be, I keep reining myself in so that I can savor today and experience the process of becoming who I am meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment