Friday, April 23, 2010

I BELIEVE

    I had to step back into the wheelbarrow this morning (see 11/2/2009 blog). One of my first thoughts after I awoke was "why hasn't a literary agent contacted me yet." You see, I tell myself I believe that my books will be published and I tell myself that I am a successfully published author. But the real question is do I believe it? I do.....up to a point. But after recognizing my thought this morning I would have to honestly say that somewhere in my subconscious there is a piece of me that does not believe.

    After this awareness occurred, my first inclination was to start sending out more inquiry letters and put my head down and plow through writing more books. And in a way it is the correct course to take and the action I have already taken. Once I have released a desire into the Universe, my job is to put one foot in front of the other and head in the direction of my dream. But there is one huge ingredient in this process of manifestation that I have not fully developed in this area of my life. I must believe. I must get back into the wheelbarrow and let Divine Source push me across the high wire. My one and only job is to move forward and BELIEVE.

    So how do I lasso that last part of myself that does not believe? How do I turn myself into a 100% total believing machine? The best way I have found in the past is to acknowledge the thought and corresponding feeling when it occurs, then focus away from it on something positive. This morning I sat down and wrote my gratitude list, then I visualized the day when my literary agent introduces me to the editor at Random House, who is publishing my book (although any of the big publishing houses will do). Then I let go of the outcome and enjoyed the feelings and thoughts in the moment, for in the beauty of this time and space I have all I need to be complete. It is when the cake is baked to perfection, that the icing is added. Now, as I write this piece, I have lassoed my naysayer, brought it into the wheelbarrow with me and look with anticipation and excitement to the ride. I BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment