Friday, April 16, 2010

PAUSE

    The question of the day: What does it feel like to be connected to Divine Source? I am always connected. For Divine Source is all of me. But often I forget. So when I do remember, how does it feel? I feel the Source of all existence most clearly when I'm meditating, when I quiet my mind. It's a pulsating and tingling of energy. It's a complete sense of peace. It's a feeling that there is no beginning, there is no ending, all is well. I'd like to get to the point where I feel Source in every breath, in every movement, in every thought. In order to have this constancy I must stay in each moment, realizing and noticing with completeness, everything in me and around me.

    As I stood outside my home this morning, after walking the dog, I noticed the buds on the trees. They've been present in form for several days now. Yet I had not looked at them closely. So I paused and I drew nearer and paid close attention to what I was seeing. The buds are tiny sprigs of green. The beginnings of a leaf, half in and half out of the branch. Now I've known all winter that those buds were there, inside that tree. All it took was the right position of the sun, the right amount of water, and the right temperature for them to manifest into form. And for my five senses to experience them, it took one final condition. For me to pause.

    Divine Source is the same. The Source of all that is, is always there, providing me the energy and love to live in this experience I call life. But it takes the right condition, to pause, in order to manifest the experience in my senses. So today I will practice hitting the pause button. For I want to experience Divine Source as it flows through me, manifests me and connects me to everyone and everything I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment