Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GET INTO THE MOMENT

    Thoughts are fleeting. Feelings are fleeting. Whether they are positive thoughts and feelings or negative thoughts and feelings, they are fleeting. But if I want to experience them longer, all I need do is concentrate on them. Putting my focus on a thought or a feeling makes it linger. I don't know about you but I prefer a positive environment over a negative one, so my goal in life is to linger on the positive as much as possible. Awareness is the first step and awareness comes from being in the moment. A great technique for practicing awareness is to set timers or place messages around my environment to remind me. When I see or hear these reminders I ask myself, "Am I aware of what's inside and outside my mind?" If the answer is no, I stop. Then,

I get into the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment