Thursday, December 3, 2009

TIME IS AN ILLUSION

    Over the last few days I've been feeling like time is running out. Today I paused and contemplated time. According to Wikipedia time is a component of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. A ticking clock is not time, the pendulum in Greenwich, Great Britain is not time, the dials on my wristwatch are not time. Time is a measurement, time is manmade and time is an illusion. Yet this illusion causes more stress in the world than just about anything else. So I've started a new experiment. Every time I find myself stressed over time, I stop, take a deep breath and remind myself that time is an illusion. Amazingly, after I do, I always have enough time to do everything I want to do. Since time running out is a false mental image I can change my image to believe I have all the time I need. So try this experiment for yourself and see what happens. Remember: Time is an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment