Monday, December 28, 2009

FINDING THE PERFECT PLACE

Just finished with a frustrating yet fun day of looking at real estate. I have found that Florida doesn't like big dogs. Every condo I was interested in has a 25 lb limit on the dog. Twenty five lbs is hawk, owl or coyote bait in Colorado and would be a midnight snack for the bear Sharmin tried to chase this past summer.

I did find two places that interested me. One was not on the island but about a 5 minute car ride to a new county beach that has not yet been discovered by us tourists. The condo has beautiful views of the river from the lanai and the complex has a river beach. It's big by my standards which makes me suspicious of why it is in my price range. My realtor is going to do some digging to see if it is just because of all the competition or if there is a hidden reason it is cheaper than one would think. The other place I liked was a small house here on the island. I was not actually looking for a house but with the pet restrictions I figured I had nothing to lose. It's an older house but has a nice size lot and is 1 block from the beach and 1/2 block from the bay. It's in my price range because it only has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. But for me that's enough. Plus I'm sure any of my friends or relatives who want to hang out a block from the beach won't mind the 1 bath. I don't think I can go wrong buying a place on the island. But since it is only day one of looking I still have a few more places to see. Tomorrow I look some more. I know I'm supposed to put my roots into Florida sand and I also know that the perfect place is just waiting for me to find it. I'm keeping the faith!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment