Thursday, December 24, 2009

TRINITY OF LOVE

    It's Christmas Eve, a time when I become nostalgic, remembering Christmas pasts that still hold a special place in my heart. I don't remember a Christmas when I was a child that was not special. I was very blessed to have parents who loved me and kept a loving, traditional Christmas. Then I grew up and moved away and soon my Christmas's became different, sometimes good, sometimes okay and luckily seldom sad. For many years I spent them with someone in my family, then I met my husband and we began our own Christmas traditions. With my own home and husband I started new traditions that lasted for sixteen years. After he died I changed my traditions again. Over the last four years I have celebrated Christmas in Mexico or Florida, none with my biological family. Instead I created a family wherever I went. This year I do the same. Tonight I plan to go see "The Blind Side" at the movies, then come home and drink eggnog and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and the "Christmas Carol." Tomorrow I spend the day with a dear friend and her husband as my family. Maybe a new tradition, maybe a onetime moment. Doesn't matter whether it is for years to come or only for tomorrow. What matters is the feeling of Christmas inside, the feelings of love, hope and faith. The Love of a mother for her son on his birth, the hope of a savior who would bring love to the world and the faith that when we trust in God, love will prevail. For all of you I send this trinity of love to you. May all of you have a wonderful Christmas filled with family, friends and most of all, with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment