Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I AM A PART OF YOU. YOU ARE ALL OF ME"

    I often forget, throughout the course of a day, that spirituality isn't something I do on Sunday morning at church, or just in the morning when I meditate. Spirituality is the cornerstone of my being. I am the outward expression of the Creator. I remember hearing a song at church one day that has stayed with me for many years and epitomizes this truth. The refrain goes, "I am a part of you. You are all of me." Everything I do today, whether positive or negative, happy or sad, fun or work, is God experiencing and expressing through me. So today, I want to remember that EVERYTHING I am and EVERYTHING I do is spiritual. As an ancient eastern saying goes, "Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water." Let's chop our wood and carry our water today with the conscious awareness that we are, in every moment, an extension of Omnipotent Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment