Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PATIENCE AND GRATITUDE

    Patience is a virtue. Practicing patience was my assignment tonight. 10 hours was to be my drive time. 668 miles from Howe, Texas to Birmingham, Alabama. Instead I was on the road for 12. The last leg was sheer torture. The final 70 miles lasted 3 hours. The first traffic jam consisted of 2 miles in 15 minutes. The second jam, twice as long, started north of Tuscaloosa, AL where I finally passed a multi-car accident. The third traffic jam, 18 miles west of Birmingham, was another multi-car accident.

    I am on my way to a wonderful family Thanksgiving celebration. I have a feeling some of the crashed cars I passed held people who will be in the hospital instead. This makes my holiday even more special for I am safe. I pray for the families involved and ask that the God of my understanding support them in their time of difficulty. Now, sitting in my motel room I pray again, Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment