Saturday, November 28, 2009

WHERE'S MY SPOT?

    Yesterday I was telling a dear friend that I was feeling exhausted on this trip and that my dog was having some problems also. He said this reminded him of the teachings of Carlos Castaneda about being in your spot or knowing your spot.  It seems when you are not in your spot your energy and rhythms change.  I have read a couple of books from Carlos and did not remember this teaching. But it is very apropos for my situation this week. I have spent two nights in a motel, two nights at a friend's house and the last three nights at a KOA cabin. All of them were very nice and very clean and afforded me a safe room and a comfortable bed. Yet I still feel "off". For someone like me who has travelled extensively in my life this is very unusual. So I'm going to attribute it to my energy and my rhythms being disturbed because I'm not in my spot. It may also have to do with the fact that I'm moving my spot to Florida and I don't have the anchor of knowing I'm going "home" when this trip is complete. I'm not sure where "home" is these days. But the explanation comforts me as it gives meaning to what I am feeling. It also reinforces my belief that we are so much more than the flesh and blood we see and feel with our senses. We are pure energy that has taken form for this period of time we are on earth. If I remember this, I can center my energy through meditation and again feel grounded no matter where my body lies because my pure energy is an outshoot of God, who's spot is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment