Sunday, November 29, 2009

FOR THOSE WHO KNEW ME WHEN

    No matter how much spiritual, emotional or mental growth we attain in our lifetime and no matter how old we become, when we step into a room full of family we revert right back to the children we used to be. I've spent the last 4 days communing with the people who knew me when I was born. These people have loved me and put up with me for half a century. And although I consider myself a fairly enlightened human being, these past four days have invoked in me the feelings of doubt, self consciousness, and jealousy and have resurrected a whininess I seldom experience any more. The difference between then and now is that I keep these feelings to myself because I know what I didn't know back then. They are fleeting and they will pass. It is very humbling and very good for my soul. It reminds me that I am still having a human experience and have a long way to go before I can consider myself truly enlightened. Nice to know there are people out there who knew me when. The only problem is they still see me as that past child and when they reflect it to me, I forget and become her again. I have so much more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment